There is always a best among others, on this page you will be provided with the best university in Nigeria and reasons for making it the best among other universities.
The best University in Nigeria is the University of Ibadan.
History of the University of Ibadan
The University of Ibadan (U.I.) was founded in 1948 and is Nigeria’s oldest university, with over 33,000 students and 150,000 alumni in 160 countries worldwide. It is now a designated post-graduate university that trains thousands of people to meet labor market demands. U.I is a federally controlled public university in the heart of Ibadan, Oyo state, West Africa’s largest city. The National Universities Commission recently ranked U.I as the best university in Nigeria (2015). (NUC).
The University’s strong Social Science faculty and College of Medicine have earned it international acclaim. The University is also known for having the most Professors and the most collaborations in Nigeria.
What makes it the best
The University of Ibadan has been named the best university in Nigeria for 2022. This tertiary institution, also known as UI, is located in Ibadan, Oyo State.
UI is one of the most prestigious universities in the world, and it is even affiliated with the University of London. This means that if you graduate from this university, you will be able to easily obtain a student visa and study in the United Kingdom.
The University of Ibadan did not become Nigeria’s best university overnight. It was founded in 1948 as the University College of Ibadan and became a Federal Independent University in 1963.
Since then, this tertiary institution has grown to become one of Africa’s most prestigious schools of higher learning, paving the way for other Nigerian tertiary institutions to follow in its footsteps.
List of courses offered at University of Ibadan
COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
1 Medicine & Surgery
6 Human Nutrition
7 Nursing Science
AGRICULTURE & FORESTRY
2 Fisheries and Wildlife Management
3 Forestry Resources Management
1 Arabic Language & Literature
2 Islamic Studies
4 Archaeology Combined:
[a] Archaeology with History
[b] Archaeology with Classics
[c] Archaeology with Religious Studies
7 Religious Studies
8 Communication & Language Arts
9 Linguistics and African Studies:
11 English Language & Literature
13 Theatre Arts
1 Veterinary Medicine
1 Agricultural & Environmental Engineering
2 Civil Engineering
3 Industrial Production Engineering
4 Petroleum Engineering
5 Electrical & Electronics Engineering
6 Mechanical Engineering
7 Food Technology
8 Wood Products Engineering
THE SOCIAL SCIENCES
3 Political Science
1 Adult Education
2 Educational Management
3 Teacher Education:
[b] Social Sciences
[d] Pre-Primary Education
4 Special Education
5 Human Kinetics
6 Health Education
7 Guidance & Counselling
8 Library Studies
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
1 [a] Archaeology Single Honours
[b] Archaeology Combined:
• With Geology
• With Geography
• With Zoology
• With Botany
4 Industrial Chemistry
6 Computer Science
Requirement for admission
- You must have at least, five (5) Credit grades in five subjects (English and mathematics inclusive) in your O’level result(s). This could be WAEC/NECO/GEC or any equivalent result.
- You must make the University of Ibadan your first choice of institution during JAMB registration. UI does not consider second-choice candidates when offering admission.
- You must choose the recommended subject combination by the University of Ibadan for your courses in both the JAMB UTME and post UTME examination of the university.
- You are expected to have a UTME examination score of 180 and above to be eligible for UI post-UTME examination.
Below are the requirements for direct-entry candidates:
- Direct entry candidates must possess at least, five (5) Credit grades in five subjects (English and mathematics inclusive) in their O’level result(s). This could be WAEC/NECO/GEC or any equivalent result.
- HND Holders must have a minimum of Upper credit in a relevant Discipline
- OND Holders are expected to have a minimum of Upper Credit in a relevant Discipline
- A Level Candidates must hold A Level Passes.
- NCE candidates must have a minimum of two passes in a relevant discipline.
University of Ibadan
Well in my own opinion all private universities are okay, just apply for the one you can afford the fee.
University of Benin (UNIBEN), Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), University of Ibadan, University of Jos (UNIJOS), University of Lagos (UNILAG) and University of Ilorin.
Bowen university is one of them.
Unilorin is one of them and Kwasu
University of Ibadan is the best
You can also read How many jobs are available in finance 2022 (Up to date)